All members have a digital membership card
You'll never be caught without your card if you have your phone with you! Your digital card provides your membership number and acts as proof of Protect membership exactly as the hard copy has done.
When you preference the digital version of your membership card it's another step towards our goal of going paperless, and to provide Protect members all the tools they need to maintain their accounts electronically. Less requests for hard copy membership cards also assists our carbon neutral strategy through reduced printing and mailing.
Online account FAQs
Generate a password via the workers portal
Activate your online account
- Jump online
Once you have been provided your membership number, new members should visit the workers portal, accessible via the yellow worker login button on every page of this website.
- Select ‘generate password’
Verify your contact details and set yourself a password. Please allow up to ten minutes for your password to be registered on our system. You may then log in to manage your account using the workers portal or the Protect App.
Please note: unless we have your correct date of birth and contact details including email address and mobile number, the generate password feature via our website will not be useful to you. If you have any difficulty please call us on 1300 344 249.
What if I have already had acces and have forgotten my password?
The Protect App and the workers portal both have a ‘forgotten password’ feature that you can use to reset
your access at your convenience.
Find the option to generate your own password at the workers portal. Please note that this feature is not available from the Protect App.
If you know your membership number
You can use the 'forgotten password' feature on the App or via the workers portal to reset your password.
- Select the 'forgotten password' link.
- Enter your membership number and also the email address that we have on file for you.
- For security purposes you will be sent a verification code via sms and email. Enter the code when directed and you may then reset your password.
If you don't know your membership number
If you don't know your membership number, or we do not have your correct contact details, you will not be able to make use of the 'forgotten password' feature on either the Protect App or workers portal. Instead, please email or use the 'contact us form' to request access to your online account.
For security purposes, we will call you to confirm your identity. Your password will then be sent to you via sms and email once those details have been confirmed as up-to-date!
Update via your online account
Once you have set yourself up with online access to your account you may follow these steps to update your contact details:
- Log in to the members portal using the yellow 'workers login' button available at the top of every page of this website using your membership number and password.
- From the dropdown menu at the top left of the screen, select 'Account Details / Balance'
- Select 'Edit Account Details' at the top of the screen
- Update your details as required
- Press 'Submit'
Use the Protect App
If you've registered for online access, your password will also log you in to the Protect App. To update your contacts:
- Navigate to 'Account Details / Balance
- Select ' Contact Details'
- Touch on the details displayed on the right to edit your contact details
- Press 'save' at the top right of the screen
Download the Protect App:
The Protect App
It's a handy tool for worker members
The Protect App can be found on Google Play and at the App Store. It's a tool for workers that lets you keep on top of your account. It's especially handy for those with a severance account because the simplest way to lodge an initial claim is through the App.
- Check your current account balance
- Track employer contributions, paid or outstanding
- View your employment history
- Lodge an initial severance claim
- View your severance claims history
- Display your membership card
- Change your account password
- Check the latest Protect and industry news
- View and update personal contact details
- Contact us
You need to register before first use so message the Member Services Team and we'll get you set up with a password.
The log in area for worker members
Account management features available to you via the Protect Services App are also available online. Log in to the worker's portal using the yellow button available at the top right of every page of this website.
It's viewable on the App
Access your card in 3 steps
- Log in to the Protect Services App on your phone
- Select the 'membership card' icon at top right
- View your digital Protect membership card
Download the Protect App: